The Legacy Chess Academy is a home for learning the art of playing chess and pursuing personal goals.
Donations allow for us to continue offering our services to the underserved and at risk populations. With your help we can accept more students into our programs, order materials such as chess sets, clocks and teaching materials, and secure a facility for our scholars to play and study.
With Chess being our focus we are able to educate, guide, and mentor our students in:
Respect Decision Making And more
Planning/Preparation Building strong relationships
- Tournaments are hosted several times a month. These tournaments can be unrated or USCF (United States Chess Federation) rated. We provide scholastic and adult events.
- The academy offers a wide range of tournament formats in order to appeal to the playing style of our members and the community.
- Private lessons are offered by members of Legacy Chess. We teach beginners and experienced players.
- Beginners are taught the fundamentals of chess. This includes, but is not limited to, the history of chess, how pieces move, openings, mid-game, end-game, etc.
- Experienced players learn the lines of the openings they play. They are taught higher level tactics and ideas they have yet to see. They are provided the opportunity to face stronger opponents and learn how to care for their body and mind when playing chess.